Randy L. Hewitt, DC, CSCS
Doctor of Chiropractic, Chiropractic Sports Physician, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Dr. Randy Hewitt was destined to be a chiropractic physician. As a youth, his parents chose a chiropractor as the primary healthcare provider for his entire family. Under the care of Drs. Anderson and McElroy, the future Dr. Hewitt learned the wonders and benefits of chiropractic health care. Before his senior year of high school, he had a clear vision that becoming a Doctor of Chiropractic was his calling.
Dr. Hewitt’s mission in life is to help people. As a chiropractor, his mission is fulfilled each day. Dr. Hewitt enjoys meeting the seemingly never-ending variety of people who seek his care. He equally enjoys building stronger relationships with those who return for his care over the course of years. Dr. Randy (as he is called in his office) appreciates that each person is unique and requires individualized consideration. He realizes that quality care usually involves the understanding and correlating of many factors into a comprehensive plan of well-being. Additionally, Dr. Randy feels that teaching his patients about their health and health care empowers them to make better choices and live better lives.
In Dr. Hewitt’s view, chiropractic care does not stop with spinal care. He qualified as a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) in 1992 and as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) in 2009. He integrates extremity care, sports and fitness, and nutrition into nearly every patient’s overall wellness plan. Dr. Hewitt’s combination of skills gives him a unique ability to diagnose the underlying cause of many conditions that may have eluded other physicians.
Last but not least, Dr. Randy helps educate other chiropractors and students as a guest lecturer/seminar instructor. He has taught locally at the University of Western States, as well as internationally at Madrid College of Chiropractic in Spain and Universidade Feevale in Brazil.
Portland Chiropractic Group was founded in 1989 by Dr. Randy and his wife, Dr. Elise Hewitt. The Drs. Hewitt not only share the office, but together they also ski, bike, camp, exercise, play with their dog Bodie, and vacation with their two grown children – Kelsey and Braden.
Education and Experience
- 1983 - Bachelor of Arts, Environmental, Population, and Organismic Biology; University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado.
- 1987 - Doctor of Chiropractic (DC), Cum Laude; Western States Chiropractic College, Portland, Oregon.
- 1987-89 - Western States Chiropractic College assistant instructor.
- 1992 - Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP); American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians.
- 1998 - Nike World Masters Games on-site physician. 1998 - Clinical Nutrition Certification, Innovative Practice Solutions.
- 1998-99 - Western States Chiropractic College adjunct faculty member.
- 2009 – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- 1987 - present - Member of American Chiropractic Association (ACA), Oregon Chiropractic Association (OCA), and the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).